There are a number of things that are positive about identifying early warning signs and drawing up a Relapse Prevention Plan, and they are:
• A relapse may be prevented if early warning signs are noticed and acted upon appropriately (relapse stopped).
• Noticing and acting on early warning signs can reduce the chances of a serious relapse (a shorter or less severe relapse).
• You are taking some control in circumstances where you and your friend/relative may feel you have very little.
• If you have a plan you have agreed with your friend or relative beforehand, this may avoid disagreements about what has to happen when/if they show these signs.
• It also means that you don’t have to think too hard about what needs to happen at a time that may be very stressful.
• It may make it easier to communicate your concerns clearly to professionals involved in the care of your relative or friend.
• It’s a bit like having car insurance – you might never need it but if you do, you’ll be glad you have it.
“I read this book and I found that I could really relate to it: It’s helped me get off of Venlafaxine, which I have been taking for years, to help me cope with having Social Phobia.”
John W., United Kingdom
Make relapse a thing of minimal risk.
Avoid unnecessary psychiatric treatment.
Live a life free of medication.
Reinforce your recovery.
Contains the 55 flash cards the professionals use.
Avoid suicide, psychosis, hospital and other consequences.
More comprehensive and concise than all the other guides.
"Do I need help" is a from the heart and personal experience practical book written by a recurring mental health patient. Andrew Welcome has tackled this very emotional subject in great depth giving the patient and/or carer invaluable information on recognising and dealing with signs of relapse. I would love to see this extremely useful informative book given to all carers and sufferers of mental health conditions as part of the care package which in itself would prevent the breakdown of many families."
Jane S., United Kingdom
Example chapters include:
What to do,
The Flash Cards,
Example Relapse Signature,
Suggestions for Relapse Prevention,
Example Relapse Prevention Plan,
Feeling and Doing Well,
Stage 2 Symptoms,
Indicators & Management,
In An Emergency
and the importance of and how to set Goals and more…
For support questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Contract Harmony Ltd © 2016 All Rights Reserved
Buy it now whilst it is only £2.99!
To buy Now!